Monday, January 28, 2013

Antique

All my fellow generation Zers out there.......Were officially considered Antiques. Thats right, if the roadshow came through town we could be worth some money. Although, not all of us are in the best condition ;) I never really think about my age that often. I feel good, still have as much fun as my teenage and 20 something sisters and chase around a vibrant 3 year old all day....I dont feel old or look old (at least I dont think so) Yeah, yeah I need to lose weight but who doesnt these days?
Phil is competing in a weight loss program at work and has dropped 25 pounds since December 15th. I want to punch him everytime he walks past me for looking so good!!! People will ask me how old I am or how old I was when I had Geovana and I almost have to count on my fingers because I really can't remember that magic number too often!

Back to being "old" Do any of my fellow 80's babies feel the way I do? As if we were skipped over and forgotten about? HAHA I know my baby boomer parents still feel young as well but really, theyre a year away from 60 and looking back I thought they would be 35 forever! I remember being at Church camp the summer between Junior and Senior years and thinking 30 was SO OLD and so far away! Not so much anymore, my 30s have so far been the best of my life! Wouldnt ever want to relive the 20s (except the ending where I married the love of my life and had Geovana) and wouldnt wish my teeneage years on my worst enemy.....ok maybe Taylor Swift because that little B ruined it for everyone! haha

The whole reason for todays post is because this morning I was reminded how old I REALLY am.......This next tidbit of information may or may not blow your mind....you should sit down.

** If the show Friends were still on the air.....Chandler and Monica's twins would be 9 this year, Phoebe's triplets would be 14, Emma would be 11 and (brace yourself) Ben would be 18!!!! Does any of this even seem real?! I honestly feel as though Friends just ended yesterday but then I catch Courtney Cox on Fallon and am floored by how much work she has gotten done and how OLD she really looks! I cannot even watch Cougar Town because her plastic face totally creeps me out!

As much as I love being the age that I am and love that "age isnt a number" I still cannot get over how fast time really does fly. Its as though were living in fast forward. I swear when I went to bed last night it was 2007 and BAM! I wake up and its almost FEBRUARY 1st, 2013. My child who I no longer can even remember being a "baby" is in school, coming home talking about days of the week and writing the alphabet and I still want to cuddle and nurse her as if she is 6 months old! Where does time really go? I cant imagine what my working Mom friends are feeling because you are go, go, go 24/7!!

I think its time for me to slow down, kick up my feet and reminisce because before we know it were going to be sending Miss GJ to college and wishing Netflix still had Friends Season 1 available!

No comments:

Post a Comment