Friday, January 25, 2013

Men

I can't believe its January 25th already! Today marks Day 1 of me blogging! Believe me, I am nobody special and by NO MEANS do I feel as though I am an expert on ANY of the topics I plan on writing about....but they are all my passions and reasons for my zest for life so stick around, I promise not to disappoint! I must however warn you......I am a tech-a-holic, meaning I live on my cell. Emails, texts, etc all through the phone world SO my grammar, punctuation and spelling will probably look as though I'm a second grader....What did we do before autocorrect and swipe?

 I have been jotting down ideas, and brainstorming on WHAT my blog would be about and I decided....Me, my life! I want everyone to get to know the real me, and my hobbies, and my passions and what it is I REALLY do everyday.....for those of you that think its lounge around and eat bonbons prepare yourself! I think on the average day I sit 30 minutes total, and thats including bathroom breaks (which I try to extend as long as possible, sometimes to the point where my child sends out the search team because shes lost my scent!) That doesn't make me better or worse then the average working Mom, it just makes me human....also just wanted to clear the air for the disbelievers ;)
I'm just a normal, boring, stay at home Mom with an obsession for BAD reality TV and crafting until my fingertips are burnt and raw. I am going to share Craft-Junkie secrets, Recipes (did you know I LOVE BEING GREEK!) and other little tidbits of MY life that I think may make yours, a little simpler. So sit back, RELAX, grab a glass (bottle) of wine and welcome to the Wild Ride we call life.......
ME IN A NUTSHELL:
Elaine Griparis.Born August 21,1980 (I am seriously getting over the hill people)
Married to Phil, the (secret) love of my life for over 17 years!!!!!!!!
Mom to Geovana Jae, funniest 3 year old Ive ever known thus far
Caregiver to Murphy Brown, CoCo Brownie, Reese Pieces, and Richard....My Father in Law
Homemaker, Carpooler, Crafter, Master Chef, Laundromat owner, Hairdresser, Personal Stylist, and Teacher. And I wouldn't trade it for the WORLD!

They say you create your own destiny, your reason for being on this Earth and I believe mine was to be exactly what I am. A little bit of wit and alot of sass makes me Elaine and Godwilling, the reason my husband is so madly in love with me! I definetly give him a run for his money EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I like to think of it as "Keeping him on his toes" (He likes to think of it as torture)

My Silly Philly Cheesesteak Pet Peeves--Updated January 25, 2013 (addition of the nickname to spare me the Evil Eye when he reads this)

Leaving the toilet lid up......because cleaning toilet water on the floor after an 11 month old puppy drinks out of the bowl, isnt my idea of a fun night.

Nail biting.....OK, it's just GROSS! Doesn't he realize WHAT is under those nails?!

Electric wheelchairs running into my furniture.....you may think this one is unavoidable but you're wrong again! Can't we just ask (nicely) that he drive SLOWER? And is it REALLY possible to move the furniture any further away?

Flossing.....or the lack there of. Its a daily thing babe, DAILY. Just do it

That funny sound he makes when he INHALING his food.....its as if he was the pipsqueak growing up in a family of 10 where they had to fight for food in order to not starve. Nope, it was just him for a LONG time after his older, half sister moved out. Noone to fight over table scraps with.

The excessive loads of laundry he alone produces, Is it MEDICALLY necessary for you to change your underware 5 times a day? You aren't a toddler pottytraining you know!

Seriously though, all jokes aside I wonder every second of every day how I got so darn lucky with this one. Years of "bad ones" led me right back to the ONLY ONE. The only guy in my past besides my Dad to ever show me unconditional, eternal Love. For those of you that don't know our history, Phil and I met when we were 15. My parents had hired him to work at their White Hen Pantry (remember those?) and it literally was 'love' at first sight although it took me a good 12 years to admit that....out loud. In the summer of 1997 I went to Europe and he ever so calmy told my Mom, "I am done mopping ....and by the way, I'm going to marry your daughter one day." I think about that moment in time daily, and Thank God for every second I have gotten with Phil since. October 17, 2007 marks the day we decided we couldn't live without each other and haven't been apart a day since then. All those peeves are just dust in the wind when you get down to it. This guy NEVER complains, NEVER has raised his voice and comes home after being gone for 10 hours and keeps working. Dishes, laundry, child duty....whatever it takes. I sometimes find myself taking him for granted....I must be a nutjob because this guy would literally do anything for me and I'm whining about toilet water on the floor. Thus is life, we whine moan and complain which gets us nowhere and then we Thank God for the life we have been given. I speak for most women here when I say Thank you. Thank you for being those amazing husbands we wrote in our diarys about, we lit a candle at church for, and we prayed each " first date" would turn into. Cheers to Men! OK, don't show this to Phil.........

Happy Friday readers, until we meet again!



5 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats Elaine!!! Can't wait for more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official!!! You've blogged!! Yay!! I love everything about this post, especially since Phil and Eric seem to share maaaaany traits. Looking forward to reading more my dear!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Jen! Is Eric a sports nut? If so, we need a double date asap! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just received a cheque for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn taking paid surveys online...

    So I took a video of myself getting paid over $500 for doing paid surveys to set the record straight.

    ReplyDelete